herbert.consultchris.net Family Tree
www.consultchris.us My other trees
herbert-kizer.blogspot.com Genealogy Stories and News
facebook group herbertnews Connect Herbert or Kizer family

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Memories to be Treasured


For me, the goal of running down the genealogy isn't just about the "pretty" tree in the end.  The thing that fuels me really, are not just discovering the wonderful stories from generations past, but rather illustrated perfectly by these photos right here.



  

I had the privilege of taking these photos in the midst of sharing some quality "ancestry" time over the Thanksgiving holiday.  I have never seen my husband's grandfather laugh so much, or smile so readily.  I've had similar experiences with my own family in recent years, frequently over Thanksgiving.  Oh how I wish I would've taken similar photos at the time of my cousin's faces, as he poured over old photos that he hadn't looked at in years.  I treasure those memories, as I'm sure my husband's family treasure these.